I wanted to do something special to celebrate Luke’s birthday and first day of preschool so I put together a little tropical luau themed celebration for him. The first thing I did was head to the store last night and … Continue reading
The boys had a blast at their Disney Cars themed birthday party. Below are some of the Cars decorations, treats, and fun themed activities we did: *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** Overall it was a … Continue reading
With the success of ‘The Avengers’ movie I think there will be a lot of children wanting superhero birthday parties. Here are some great ideas from Ms. Ricky Eisen, Founder and President of Events and Celebrations by Between the Bread … Continue reading
My boys’ birthdays are in June. It’s February and I am just now sharing pictures of the great firetruck themed birthday party we had to celebrate Luke’s 2nd and Jake’s 3rd birthdays. What can I say? I’ve been busy. lol. … Continue reading
This year for Christmas we will be staying home. The children will be getting Christmas gifts but we will also be celebrating Jesus’ birthday. I wanted to share 10 ideas for throwing a birthday party for Jesus:
1) Along with “Happy Birthday Jesus” you can sing Christmas Carols like “Joy To The World” and “Away In A Manger”
2) Bake Him a birthday cake (find a cake recipe with symbolism here)
3) Have your children make a birthday card for Jesus
4) No birthday party is complete without gifts. Look through a gift catalog, like World Vision’s, that gives gifts to those in need and choose a gift to give.
5) Have everyone wear birthday “cone” hats (find a printable here)
6) Make birthday party decorations by creating paper chains with all the names of Jesus on them
7) Make a CHRISTmas craft (I have ideas here)
8) Bake cookies together and package them to give to friends.
9) Read about Jesus’ birth to focus on the reason you are celebrating.
10) Invite friends. If you do it on a day other than Christmas you can make it a true birthday party by inviting your friends to celebrate with you.
This post is linked up at Oh Amanda