I wanted to share some pictures from my night at Feed My Starving Children a few weeks back. Wait until you see the impact that a few hours of time has on children all around the world! I urge everyone … Continue reading
Quotable Posters (Live Life Happy) / CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
This year for Christmas we will be staying home. The children will be getting Christmas gifts but we will also be celebrating Jesus’ birthday. I wanted to share 10 ideas for throwing a birthday party for Jesus:
1) Along with “Happy Birthday Jesus” you can sing Christmas Carols like “Joy To The World” and “Away In A Manger”
2) Bake Him a birthday cake (find a cake recipe with symbolism here)
3) Have your children make a birthday card for Jesus
4) No birthday party is complete without gifts. Look through a gift catalog, like World Vision’s, that gives gifts to those in need and choose a gift to give.
5) Have everyone wear birthday “cone” hats (find a printable here)
6) Make birthday party decorations by creating paper chains with all the names of Jesus on them
7) Make a CHRISTmas craft (I have ideas here)
8) Bake cookies together and package them to give to friends.
9) Read about Jesus’ birth to focus on the reason you are celebrating.
10) Invite friends. If you do it on a day other than Christmas you can make it a true birthday party by inviting your friends to celebrate with you.
This post is linked up at Oh Amanda