Elaborate birthday parties seem to be all the rage these days, with parents planning for months in advance, making fancy treats fit for a wedding, and spending tons of time or money on the decorations and party favors. The truth … Continue reading
With The Amazing Spider-Man movie’s upcoming release on November 9th the stores have been full of Spider-man mania and infected our house! The kids and I wanted to throw a Spider-Man party for our extended family so we headed to … Continue reading
This year for Christmas we will be staying home. The children will be getting Christmas gifts but we will also be celebrating Jesus’ birthday. I wanted to share 10 ideas for throwing a birthday party for Jesus:
1) Along with “Happy Birthday Jesus” you can sing Christmas Carols like “Joy To The World” and “Away In A Manger”
2) Bake Him a birthday cake (find a cake recipe with symbolism here)
3) Have your children make a birthday card for Jesus
4) No birthday party is complete without gifts. Look through a gift catalog, like World Vision’s, that gives gifts to those in need and choose a gift to give.
5) Have everyone wear birthday “cone” hats (find a printable here)
6) Make birthday party decorations by creating paper chains with all the names of Jesus on them
7) Make a CHRISTmas craft (I have ideas here)
8) Bake cookies together and package them to give to friends.
9) Read about Jesus’ birth to focus on the reason you are celebrating.
10) Invite friends. If you do it on a day other than Christmas you can make it a true birthday party by inviting your friends to celebrate with you.
This post is linked up at Oh Amanda
Last night we had a party and invited some family over to watch the Oscars. I loved the Party BluPrints Blog‘s guide to hosting the perfect Oscar viewing party and took some ideas from that site. We enjoyed so much … Continue reading
Collective Bias recently challenged me to throw a game time party on a budget. I had a great time putting this together. I knew I wanted to have the party during a Bears game because they are my favorite football team.
I had football plates and napkins that I knew would be perfect for this so I was set on tableware. All I needed was the food so I headed to Walmart. I bought snacks like Chex Mix, Doritos, chips and salsa, and my very favorite fudge covered popcorn. I bought soda for everyone to drink. For lunch I decided to buy pizza. I chose DiGiorno Rising Crust pizza. I bought two to feed our group, one pepperoni and one cheese. I really liked the pizza and loved how DiGiorno didn’t skimp on the cheese or pepperoni. I also thought it was great that the DiGiorno box directed me to their website where it gave me the directions for cooking two pizzas at once so I didn’t have to guess and risk burning one (or both!) pizzas.
All together I spent less than $5 per person on food. Considering this was the price for drinks, snacks, and a meal I think that was a great deal. I think knowing that I can have celebrations with food involved and it not cost an arm and a leg will push me to have more gatherings in the future.
To read more about my party (and see more pictures) you can view my whrrl here.
(Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by Collective Bias but all thoughts and opinions are my own.)