Ingredients 1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon 2 Apples, sliced 1/3 cup Pecans, chopped 2 15 oz. cans Princella or Sugary Sam Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained 1/4 cup Margarine 2 cups Miniature marshmallows Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. … Continue reading
Hi I am Shannon from Coupon Savings In The South. I wanted to stop by and share one of my favorite recipes. Here is a recipe for Red Velvet Cake. photo credit: texascooking via photopin cc Ingredients: 1 ½ cup … Continue reading
For those who aren’t big on the peppermint-flavored or white chocolate drinks that are popular over the fall and winter holidays, The Westin Resort & Spa in Los Cabos invites you to try blending up this colorfully merry tropical drink … Continue reading
There’s nothing better on a cold chilly night than a bowl of warm soup. This Acorn Squash Soup recipe was created by Bravo’s Top Chef, Richard Blais. By using Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt Blais makes the soup a little healthier, … Continue reading
This is a quick and easy recipe from the Quick Meal Queen, Natashja Szortyka, using Mama Lucia Meatballs. The recipe is for delicious mini meatball sandwich bites! These would be great as an appetizer at a holiday party or while … Continue reading
This isn’t the kind of mud you step in when it’s raining outside! This chocolate mud bar recipe from The Old Farmer’s Almanac new Everyday Baking cookbook is called “mud” because of the moist, dark chocolate filling. It’s the best … Continue reading
This spicy, fudgy bread will tantalize your taste buds. A mix between a pudding and a cake, it’s the perfect item to bring parties…or just keep to yourself at home! Yield: 1 (9×5-inch) loaf Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: … Continue reading
When it comes to making dinner I tend to cook the same easy recipes over and over. They tend to involve my crockpot, chicken, and one or two other ingredients. So when Dominick’s challenged me to create a recipe using … Continue reading
I was sent the below recipe from Lynnae’s Gourmet Pickles. I only have Bloody Marys at the occasional family party but when I do I like a pickle in mine instead of the typical celery stalk. This recipe looks very … Continue reading
Ingredients: 1 lb ground chuck 1 onion, chopped 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 (32 oz) box chicken broth 1 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce 1 tablespoon brown sugar 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 1/2 … Continue reading
Need a stocking stuffer idea for someone who has been a little naughty? Check out these chocolate coal lumps by Betty Crocker! Ingredients: 1/4 cup butter 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows (5 cups) 8 cups Cocoa Puffs® cereal (from … Continue reading
*2 tablespoons of brown sugar
*1 teaspoon of cinnamon
*2 tablespoons of butter (not required)
How to make them:
1) Peel apples (optional- I did because my toddlers don’t eat the skin)
2) Core apples and arrange in a small casserole dish or bowl
3) Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a separate bowl and then sprinkle mixture on top of apples
4) Add butter (optional- I also cut mine into pieces so that the butter all wasn’t in one place)
5) Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave for another 45 seconds (microwave times vary… apples should be soft)
6) Stir again and enjoy
*** For additional yumminess, serve with caramel praline ice cream (or plain vanilla ice cream)***
In celebration of October being National Popcorn Month, The Popcorn Factory, is offering FREE popcorn to the first 31,000 customers who order the Try Me Trio. I received samples to try and I loved the caramel popcorn. In addition their blog has many popcorn-inspired recipes like this one that they have sent me to share with my readers:
Almond Pecan Popcorn-Crusted Salmon
4 four-oz. salmon filets
½ canister The Popcorn Factory® Almond Pecan Clear Favorites (Item# S3551A)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
2 tbs. butter, melted
1) Place half of the contents of The Popcorn Factory® Almond Pecan canister in a food processor and chop until finely ground (a flour like consistency).
2) Add garlic, kosher salt and black pepper to the food processor and blend until mixed well.
3) Brush melted butter evenly on both sides of the fillets, and then roll the fillets in the popcorn flour, patting both sides so they are evenly coated.
4) Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Brown the coated fillets on both sides, 5-6 minutes per side.
Serve warm. Makes four servings.
1 reader will win a Try Me Trio
How To Enter (leave a comment for each one you do):
1) Leave a comment telling me what your favorite flavor of popcorn is
2) Tweet: “Enter to win popcorn from @aliciamarie112 in honor of National Popcorn Month at http://www.makingtimeformommy.com”
Giveaway ends on October 31, 2010 at 11:59pm.
(Disclosure: I received samples of popcorn from The Popcorn Factory to try. All opinions are my own.)
While I was going through one of my mom’s recipe boxes to find the recipes for Monday’s menu plan I found her recipe for lemon bars. Since I didn’t find the recipes I was looking for I thought I would share this simple dessert with you. These things are so yummy!
1) Prepare a 9×13 dish by buttering it well.
2) Mix: 2 cups of flour, 1 cup Margarine (or butter) softened, and 1/2 cup White Conf. Sugar. Mix together cutting with 2 forks until mixture is crumbly.
3) Press into well buttered 9×13 baking dish
4) BAKE @325 20-25 minutes until slightly golden. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
5) Beat 4 Eggs and 2 cups regular (granulated) sugar together
6) Add: 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder
7) Pour over BAKED CRUST
8) Put back into oven and bake again for 20-25 minutes
9) When cool, sprinkle with powder sugar
10) Cut when slightly cooled, with wet knife
This post is being linked to: