There’s nothing better on a cold chilly night than a bowl of warm soup. This Acorn Squash Soup recipe was created by Bravo’s Top Chef, Richard Blais. By using Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt Blais makes the soup a little healthier, but still delicious!
1 whole acorn squash
1/4 white onion,chopped
1 bay leaf
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp celery, chopped
1 and a 1/2 quart chicken stock
1/2 cup Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup chorizo, crumbled
2 tbsp cranberry canned jelly
3 leaves cilantro
1 tsp smoked paprika
Pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
Lime for ganish
1) In a stockpot, cook the onion, bay leaf, garlic and celery in some olive oil until garlic releases aroma.
2) Add the chopped acorn squash and then the chicken stock and simmer. When the acorn squash is cooked, swirl in Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt and remove from the heat.
3) In a separate pan, cook the chorizo and paprika.
4) When the squash is cooked thoroughly, puree the soup and pass through a sieve so it is smooth.
5) Garnish with the crumbled chorizo, the cilantro, pomegranate seeds, a squirt of lime and top with a dollop of yogurt.
(This is not a compensated post but the recipe was shared with me from Dannon.)