Today, September 26th, is National Pancake Day!
To celebrate I have a delicious Almond Pancake recipe to share from Giada De Laurentiis.
Giada de Laurentiis’ Almond Pancakes
Makes 16 pancakes
½ cup (4 oz.) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 ½ cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons pure almond extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk pancake mix (recommend: Kruteaz)
4 ounces almost paste, cut into ¼-inch pieces
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Maple syrup (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)
1. In a food processor, combine the mascarpone cheese, water, sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract. Process until mixture is smooth.
2. Add pancake mix and pulse until just combined.
3. Add almond paste and pulse once to incorporate.
4. Preheat griddle or large, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
5. Grease griddle or skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.
6. Working in batches, pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Cook for about 1 ½ minutes each side, or until golden.
7. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
8. Arrange pancakes on a platter. Serve with maple syrup and fresh raspberries.
To see a step-by-step picture guide you can follow to make this recipe you can visit Target’s blog, A Bullseye View. There are lots of mouthwatering pictures on their blog so be sure to check it out!
(Disclosure: I was asked to share this recipe with my readers and I am happy to because the pancakes look delicious! I was not compensated for this post.)