Need a stocking stuffer idea for someone who has been a little naughty?
1/4 cup butter
1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows (5 cups)
8 cups Cocoa Puffs® cereal (from 11.8-oz box)
3 bags (12 oz each) semisweet chocolate chips or 36 oz (from two 24-oz packages) chocolate-flavored candy coating
3 tablespoons shortening
Black sugar and/or black jimmies sprinkles
- Line 13×9-inch pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In 4-quart microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 1 minute or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave about 2 minutes, stirring after each minute, until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add cereal; mix well.
- Spoon cereal mixture into pan. Spray hands with cooking spray, and press mixture firmly in pan. Cover with waxed paper; press second 13×9-inch pan on top to compress bars. Remove pan and paper. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Remove bars from pan; peel off foil. Using sharp knife, cut bars into 8 rows by 6 rows to make 48 squares. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave 12 oz of the chocolate and 1 tablespoon of the shortening uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15-second intervals until melted and smooth. Using 2 forks, dip and roll each cereal square in coating. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat twice to use up chocolate, shortening and squares.
- Sprinkle coated squares with black sugar and/or sprinkles. Place in freezer 15 minutes or refrigerator 30 minutes until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container or sealed storage bag.
Makes 48 pieces
*Recipe/image provided by MyBlogSpark on behalf of Betty Crocker*
(Disclosure: I was not compensated for posting this information.)